- Do not wear nylon clothing or any fabric that may be slippery against the nylon parachute material
- Wear comfortable, unrestrictive clothing – no shorts
- Ladies should wear sports bras that will provide support during inversions.
- Gentlemen should consider wearing either jock-straps or compression underwear
- Remove any loose items out of pockets before inverting (coins, cell phones, etc.)
- Remove any jewelry or restrictive accessories before using
- Avoid heavy meals prior to class, but do have something light or bring juice to avoid low blood sugar levels.
- Wait at least 15 minutes after consuming liquids before performing inversion
- Do not invert while taking anti-coagulants or Advil
- Use awareness and proper form with each movement
- Always listen to and honor your body’s needs. Disengage from any painful movement
- Remember to breathe in all positions or routines. Do not hold breath
- Drink water afterwards and stay hydrated during class to maximize the effectiveness
- If you suffer from hypoglycemia or low blood sugar, bring light snacks or sweetened tea
- Maximum weight tolerance is 300 lbs
If you have been diagnosed with or are experiencing the symptoms of any of the following conditions, do not invert without your doctors approval.
- Ear, eye sinus disorders or infections in the head
- Recent surgery or trauma to any internal organs
- Broken or fractured bones in the hip/torso area
- Recent head/brain injury or trauma
- Heart and/or circulatory disorders
- Severe spinal cord trauma
- Fused vertebrae
*If you are on your menstrual cycle please inform the instructor.
It is also recommended that you always consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program.